PaOHV’s Segregation of
Funds Bill Is Law
PaOHV’s Segregation of Funds bill has been signed by Governor Wolf. It is effective in September 18.
This is a major win for PaOHV members.
Senator Pat Stefano’s (R-Westmoreland) legislation divides the Snowmobile/ATV fund into separate funds. Registration dollars paid by ATV owners can only be used to fund ATV projects. Co-mingling of ATV and snowmobile funds ends when the act becomes effective.
The bill redefines the composition of the Snowmobile/ATV advisory committee. A representative from the Department of Community and Economic Development and the Pennsylvania Economic Development Association are added. The two seats allotted to conservation and non-motorized recreation organizations have been removed.
Finally, the bill restructures the DCNR grant program converting it to a semiannual rather than an annual application. There will be two grant application cycles in 2017.
A companion bill, HB 970, was sponsored by Rep. Martin Causer (R-Cameron). PaOHV thanks both Senator Stefano and Rep. Causer for their foresight and leadership on this issue.
PaOHV Alert-the next General Membership conference call meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 5:30 pm. Questions can be directed to Don McClure at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-920-1312.
The Pennsylvania Off-Highway Vehicle Association
The Pennsylvania Off-Highway Vehicle Association (PAOHV) is an independent incorporated association organized by OHV enthusiasts and businesses to fight for the rights of Off-Highway users. PaOHV is recognized by statute by the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources as the sole/official voice of ATV/Trail Bike community. PaOHV holds representation on the Snowmobile/ATV Advisory Committee (SAAC).
- Promote legislation with the purpose of developing and maintaining trails.
- Become instrumental and influential in interactions with land managers.
- Defend the OHV community against discriminating legislation and regulation.
- Provide assistance for legislation favorable to trail and open space recreation.
- Foster camaraderie among motorized OHV and all recreational trail user groups.
- Provide a medium for the dissemination of information relating to the OHV industry.
- Provide educational opportunities related to OHV use.
- Promote research pertaining to compatibility of OHV and environmental resources.
PaOHV Alert-next General Membership conference call is set for Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. Questions can be directed to Don McClure at
email@example.com or 717-920-1312.