PaOHV’s mission is action-oriented and includes a focus on short and long-term initiatives that impact the OHV community in our state. All activities pursued by the organization are intended to drive systematic and thoughtful improvements to the sport. This includes sustained practices and trail creations/modifications that meet national standards, safe and responsible use of and maintenance of natural areas and public riding locations, as well as promotion and stewardship of the OHV tourism impact in Pennsylvania.
Typical areas of interest and activity include, but are not limited to:
- Lobbying and interaction with local, county and state representatives to encourage changes in laws and regulations that may impact OHV users, as well as private landowners and riding parks/locations.
- Promote the sport in a manner that benefits the OHV community and expands perspectives on the benefit of this sport in our state.
- Increase knowledge of safe and legal riding locations.
- Support and engage PaOHV members through various communication channels including social media, monthly meetings, newsletters, and other means.
- Promote events and news-worthy stories from members around the state.